Since graduating from Syracuse University, I have had great opportunities to apply my knowledge and teach in a classroom. I have applied the knowledge I learned as a student and teaching during field experiences, and I have continued growing as an educator as I’ve faced new challenges. I have co-taught classes, been a long-term substitute in elementary classrooms, and taught in my own classroom, which have allowed me to teach a variety of age levels and subject areas. Also, I have collaborated with all members of the staff to share my ideas as well as continue learning and growing. I constantly am reflecting after lessons and activities what I could do better, and I continually adapt my teaching style and lesson plans to best fit my students’ learning needs and interests.
On this page, you will find links that will provide more detailed information about the individual experiences, lessons I taught, and my responsibilities as a teacher. There is also a link to the different curriculum programs I have used throughout my teaching experiences.
- Curriculum Programs
- Classroom Second Grade Teacher-Oakwood School, 2012-2013
- Summer School Teacher – Northbrook/Glenview District 30 and Lake Zurich District 95, Summers 2011 and 2012
- Third Grade Long-term Substitute Teacher-Graham Elementary School, Spring 2012
- Special Education Long-term Substitute Teacher - Owen Elementary School, Fall 2011
- Second Grade Long-term Substitute Teacher – Owen Elementary School, Fall 2011